Welcome to Tree House Play School. We look forward to working with you to provide quality care for your child in a safe and caring environment.
Tree House Play School opened in 2001 as a licensed, group child care facility for children from 3 to 10 years of age. We worked with the municipality and other community agencies to plan for quality child care and a continuum of care for families in our community.
We are an inclusive, multicultural center. We strive to help the children in our care develop to the best of their ability in all areas. We believe in nurturing the whole child: social, physical, intellectual, creative, and emotional.
We are a play based center that believes in:
- valuing the child as an individual within the context of the family and the community
- supporting parents and guardians in their role as primary caregivers and sharing information of benefit to the development of their child
- valuing play as a medium for all aspects of development and learning
- creating a warm and secure environment and to foster each child's self confidence
We believe that all children deserve the right to quality care in an inclusive environment.
We believe each child is unique in the way they develop socially, physically, cognitively, and emotionally. This uniqueness should be respected.
We believe that families should be respected and supported at all times. Parents and guardians have the right to be involved in their child’s program. Working together is the key.
We believe in order to provide the best programming we will work with other professionals in our community to help meet the needs of the youth and their families.
We believe in ongoing professional development of staff in order to provide the highest standards of care.
We believe all individuals involved should be acknowledged and respected for their contribution to the program.
- provide quality care for each child
- model and encourage appropriate guiding and caring for each child and family
- provide opportunities to increase the family’s knowledge of children’s health and development
- support families in meeting their responsibilities to their children
- effectively liaise and work with community agencies, individuals and organizations that are essential to the well being of each child and family
- increase the awareness and utilization of community resources as needed
The facility is licensed to provide care for up to 52 children.